Thursday, 21 April 2016

7W4D

Dear Baby,

First of all, I am so grateful to God for letting me have this experience for the first time in my life & of course, for bringing you into both Andreas (your Dad-to-be) & my life! It is truly a feeling I can't described with words. When I saw you in the Ultrasound scan, I asked Andre if that's really a fetus on the screen. And he repeatedly said, "I knew you're pregnant already, I told you."

And that's actually obvious. I have been missing periods (3 months long, I think) and have been feeling nauseated especially since last week. Every strong smell or thought of certain food makes me want to throw up, but I have not so far, hopefully never gonna have to. My mind didn't immediately come to the conclusion I was pregnant, because I was under lots of stress lately - TestDaF and looking for future Uni programmes I might be interested in, such as Business. Also, I did pregnancy test twice which showed 1 thick line and 1 faint line both times, but I didn't treat it so seriously because the pregnancy kit was expired since January. Hahaha.

So Andreas gave me valid pregnancy kits from the hospital recently. I tested it this morning and it showed solid 2 lines! WHAT??? :-D




I was speechless and told Andreas and he affirmed that I am pregnant. I did it a second time and again, it showed two lines! Andreas then told me to see a local ObGyn doctor to get an Ultrasound and blood check for hCG. I called but none was available today, so Andreas decided to do it himself at the hospital since he is on night shift tonight. That's when we first saw you and the machine determined you to be 7W4D old! WOW! It never occured to be that I was pregnant before we went back to Singapore & Indonesia for a short 2.5 weeks holiday. And to be honest, when I saw your heart beating, I was both happy and scared at the same time. So many thoughts crossed my mind, such as: Are you healthy & growing well? Did that Radler Beer & coffee that I drank affect your development in any way? Did my flu 3 weeks ago affect you? I haven't been eating the Folic Acid supplements & Vitamin D regularly as I should. Should I be eating prenatal pill/drinking prenatal milk? But whatever happens, I know, that God is watching over us & He will give us the best result possible. Amen. I really want you to grow healthy and strong. I am also very excited to find out if you'll be a boy or girl. I guess only time will tell. Patience girl! ;-)

Now is too early to announce 'I am pregnant' news to everyone I know. It's now still a secret between me & Andreas. It's too early in the pregnancy but I really wanna tell my mum at least... Maybe on her birthday 29 May? :-) She's the person I depend on ever since I was young, emotionally and physically. Even after we were married, she is still the same. You'll love her (future grandma) for sure! Not to mention my funny, young-at-heart dad (future grandpa). He'll be so happy to have his first grandchild. You know, both of them have been asking me for you & they said they would come to Germany just for you! Not for me, but for you. Haha. And of course my 4 other siblings, who will be your loving uncles & aunties. :-)

So I am very eager to see how you grow inside me. Stay strong & keep holding on, Baby!

I love you even before we meet face to face. And you are actually the size of a cocktail olive, according to this book about pregnancy your grandma-to-be gave me last year.

Can't wait for us to meet!!! :-D

Your Mum-to-be,
R

No comments: