Tuesday, 7 November 2017

6W1D! Hurra all praises to God!

Had a nice day today out with friends for lunch in the city. Then received a text message from hubby that I might need to go for an ultrasound check-up later today. So after lunch and a quick trip to asian supermarket, I bid the others goodbye and hurried home to put down the stuffs and fed Rafael his afternoon meal before rushing off to the hospital.

Deep down I hope that there is a baby growing inside me, TBH out of selfish reasons. Because I don't want to go through a curettage and total anaesthesia for it. Also, I thought it would be nice for Rafael to have a sibling close his age so he would have a best friend at home soon enough. Just like me and my brother Eric. I remember I appreciate the closeness we had growing up together, experiencing (playing mostly) almost everything at similar time. On the other hand, I am preparing myself for the worst and pray that God will lead me through any problem come my way.

When it was time for me to be examined, hubby performed an abdominal exam and soon enough his colleague (chief physician in ambulatory dept) came in. Results showed that there was something inside the uterus. The chief then told hubby to perform a vaginal exam due to higher sensitivity with findings. It was then that a 6mm-sized fetus could be seen at the top edge of the sac. With doppler, its heart beat could be detected and we were so relieved. First of all, that it was a viable fetus with heartbeat and secondly, it was one fetus not multiples! Haha.


As for me, I am soooooo relieved and happy that all turned out well (as for now)! Hallelujah! God is indeed good and I believe His timing for this to happen to us is PERFECT. Only positive thoughts should be cultivated from now on. Full of gratefulness and praises. For an outcome consisting smooth delivery with a perfectly healthy baby. Amen!

This stage is the most frustrating stage, whereby it is still way too early in the pregnancy and anything can happen. Most people advise against spreading the news to family and friends. However I will be on a 2-weeks long trip with my family in 3 weeks and I can't imagine not uttering a single word about it, especially when it's rare that they'll be here for me to tell the news face to face. Hence the dilemma now. Also I would most probably need help to take care of Rafael in case anything bad were to happen to me on the trip, such as strong nausea etc. I remember the last pregnancy with Rafael, my nausea went on til the second trimester. Yikes, really not looking forward to that and hope the nausea will soon be over. Happy thoughts, oh happy thoughts for now.

Now my job is to check in with my obgyn and finish off driving classes before my tummy gets too big for it. In Jesus Name let it all be accomplished well. Til later now.

No comments: